Benjamin E. Shiftan
||San Francisco, California
Benjamin E. Shiftan is a litigator in the firm's San Francisco office.
Since joining the firm in 2014, Mr. Shiftan has focused on complex class
action litigation, including antitrust, product defect, and consumer protection cases.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Shiftan litigated complex bad faith insurance
cases for a national law firm. Before that, Mr. Shiftan served as a law
clerk to the Honorable Peter G. Sheridan, United States District Court
for the District of New Jersey, and worked for a mid-sized firm in San Diego.
Mr. Shiftan graduated from the University of San Diego School of Law in
2009. While in law school, he served as Lead Articles Editor of the
San Diego International Law Journal and competed as a National Team Member on the Moot Court Board. Mr. Shiftan
won the school's Paul A. McLennon, Sr. Honors Moot Court Competition.
At graduation, he was one of ten students inducted into the Order of the
Barristers. Mr. Shiftan graduated from the University of Virginia in 2006.
In re National Collegiate Athletic Association Athletic Grant-In-Aid Cap
Antitrust Litigation (N.D. Cal.)
In re Lithium Ion Batteries Antitrust Litigation (N.D. Cal.)
In re Keurig Green Mountain Single-Serve Coffee Antitrust Litigation (S.D.N.Y.)
- University of San Diego School of Law, San Diego, CA – J.D. – 2009
- University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA – B.A. – 2006
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- San Francisco County Bar Association