Daniel L. Warshaw
||Sherman Oaks, California
Daniel L. Warshaw is a civil litigator and trial lawyer who focuses on complex litigation,
class actions, and consumer protection. Mr. Warshaw has held a lead role
in numerous state and federal class actions, and obtained significant
recoveries for class members in many cases. These cases have included,
among other things, antitrust violations, high-technology products, automotive
parts and false and misleading advertising. Mr. Warshaw has also represented
employees and employers in a variety of class actions, including wage
and hour, misclassification and other Labor Code violations.
Mr. Warshaw played an integral role in
In re TFT-LCD (Flat Panel) Antitrust Litigation, where he negotiated the ESI protocol and managed a document review process
that featured nearly 8 million documents in multiple languages and 136
reviewers. He currently serves as interim co-lead counsel in a series
of groundbreaking class actions involving the alleged underpayment of
royalties to artists, producers and directors in the music and film industries.
These cases have received significant attention in the press, and Mr.
Warshaw has been profiled by the
Daily Journal for his work in the digital download music cases. In recognition of his
outstanding work, Mr. Warshaw has been selected by his peers as a Super
Lawyer (representing the top 5% of practicing lawyers in Southern California)
every year since 2005. He has also attained Martindale-Hubbell's highest
rating (AV) for legal ability and ethical standards.
Mr. Warshaw has assisted in the preparation of two Rutter Group practice guides:
Federal Civil Trials & Evidence and
Civil Claims and Defenses. Since 2012, Mr. Warshaw has served as the Chair of the Plaintiffs'
Class Action Forum organized by Cambridge International Forums, Inc. The
purpose of the Forum is to facilitate a high-level exchange of ideas and
in-depth dialogue on class action litigation.
- Whittier Law School, Los Angeles, California - J.D. – 1996
- University of Southern California - B.A. – 1992
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- American Bar Association
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles
- Consumer Attorneys of California
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- San Fernando Valley Bar Association